Location: 61a The Wicker, WMS House, Sheffield S3 8HT
Hours of work: 21hrs. per week which includes one evening outreach session on the van (3 hours per session)
Grade: Grade £14,207.00 per annum plus 8% pension contribution
Contract Terms: 3 yrs
Responsible to: SWWOP Manager
To see all information related to this job post and to apply please download this Recruitment Pack
To co-ordinate and provide direct support and advice to women in crisis and women who wish/or are receiving intense support to exit street prostitution.
To provide one session per week on the outreach van, providing direct street-based outreach support to any women involved in street prostitution in Sheffield.
Specific Responsibilities: (Crisis & Exit Support)
1. To establish contact with the client group and to listen to, befriend and to act as mentor, as you will be providing a great deal of the support needed.
2. To provide an initial assessment for all the women being supported whether this is in relation to exiting from street prostitution and/or crisis intervention and to plan appropriate responses.
3. To act always as the co-ordinator between the client and the agencies the client may need to be in contact with.
4. To provide advocacy/liaison with partner agencies who have less support services available to our client group.
5. To draw up with the Manager, action plans for each client, and a work programme for you, which will be reviewed on a regular basis.
6. To support your co-workers in the development of a programme of leisure activities which promote and encourage participation amongst the client group.
7. To maintain, alongside the Manager and your co-workers, monitoring and evaluation systems for the project.
8. To develop and maintain links with the existing volunteers and new recruits and to assist in their support and training.
9. To represent SWWOP at specific meetings e.g. monthly Rough Sleepers Mtg, and to provide regular written and verbal reports on progress to the meetings including the Management Committee meetings.
10. To attend regular supervision meetings with your line manager.
11. To be committed to the principles of equal opportunities and implement anti discriminatory practice throughout the work of the project.
12. Ability to work as part of a team.
13. Any other duties and responsibilities, which do not change the character of the post as may be determined after negotiation between the post holder and her line manager.
Specific Responsibilities: (Outreach)
1. To provide one evening (times to vary) outreach session per week and an occasional weekend session or an early morning session addressing not only the sexual health needs of the women but covering a wide range of other health (needle exchange) and social welfare issues.
2. Outreach is carried out by a paid worker with support from a SWWOP volunteer.
3. To monitor outreach stock (condoms, needle exchange, and refreshments etc.) and ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of the van.
4. To record details of client group and any issues arising and to forward to your line manager by the next day so we can follow up any issues.
The closing date for applying for this post is 24th September 2021.
To see all other information related to this job post and to apply please download this Recruitment Pack